Friday, May 8, 2009

It's Friday and I am Fried

I bet that title means to some something other than what I intend but at this point I do not care. It is Friday, I am tired, it has been quite a week.

Tuesday, of course, was the big day: I defended my thesis and I passed. I thought I would be elated or happy or something of that sort, but not really. This could be because of the work that still needs to be done on my thesis. It would be okay if it was an add this, take out this sort of thing, instead I am charged with a rewrite of a large portion using a different sort of language- acktdhabrahbbbb! Different sort of language?!! Yuck. So I am not done and making very slow progress because I practiced that language I was using before pretty hard. And so I am also still stressed about the whole thing, thus not sleeping well, thus tired, thus not thinking clearly, thus not writing clearly, thus not getting it done. And there is plenty else to do like find a job and a place to live. To that end I have sent emails, filled out applications, sent CV's, and sent inquiries. I also took money out of my mutual funds so I don't bounce checks and/or run out of money and I am not happy about having to do so.

I went out on Tuesday night with several people to celebrate my successful defense and Cinco de Mayo at the same time. A margarita and a bunch of Mexican food left me super full. It was a good time.

So it is Danny Gokey Day here in Milwaukee. I am not sure if the mayor or anyone else decided this, but FOX certainly did. I think it would be interesting, considering last week the governor and the mayor were giving press conferences about Swine Flu, for this week the topic of a press conference to be Gokey Day. I digress. They are having a big pep rally at Summerfest Grounds. Apparently I decided not to go and am instead writing this in my office after attending a colloquium here in Sociologyland. But the Bucks Wild peeps are performing at the shindig and were supposed to go on about 45 minutes ago (3:00), though the FOX people said the gates opened at 4:15. Not real sure what the story is, but I am sure I will hear about it later.

This weekend brings yet another weekend of Kilties in my life. We are supposed to put the first and second movements on the field, but the weather is supposed to be bad tomorrow. Who knows what is going to happen? I don't. Hopefully we will make good progress, have a good time, and everyone will maintain a positive attitude. I so long for the days when I showed up, did my stuff and went home without all the excess drama and gossip. It would be particularly easy this year, being in the Guard, to be completely oblivious to everything going on in the rest of the corp. I just need some more energy to make it through the weekend without dying!

Now, pretty much everyone is gone from the department so I think I will go home soon. My apartment is a disaster area, the dishes seem to be mutiplying. But in all reality lots of dishes are what you get when you take on multiple cooking projects. I also have a mountain of laundry. All this needs to be get cleaned up as my place will be shown this weekend. Then it needs to stay clean because Mom and Dad are coming next weekend when I will be graduating. Can't believe that is coming up next weekend- time is flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment