Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 is Here

The new year has arrived and it promises to hold some big things. Some people are not so keen on the New Year's Resolutions, and I can understand that. But I think that the occurance of the new year gives us the kick in the butt that we need to make some changes. It is a time to look back at the year that has been, to assess, and to consider how we want to live the next year. It is an opportunity to change and to a certain extent get a do over- you know: wear sunscreen in the summer, have better snow boots that actually keep your feet warm in the winter. So I do have some new years resolutions... though I think of them more as goals.
1) Exercise more (3 times a week or more) and lose about 20 pounds so that I comply with the darn BMI for being normal.
2) Be more diligent with my work.
3) Finish my thesis and graduate with my Masters in May.
4) Last year I had a "hospitality" resolution that went okay, but I want to continue with that pursuit.
5) Buy "The Joy of Cooking" and do something with it.
6) For some reason I wanted to start blogging. I do not know why but was able to come up with some reasons for not:
a) I will probably get myself in trouble
b) I will probably offend people
c) I should be working on my thesis instead
d) will I really be able to come up with anything to write about?
but, I guess I will give it a shot and aim to post at least once a week.

Hope someone, at some point, enjoys reading what I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment